How much do you know about speech and voice?
1. Worldwide, it's been recorded that women in ________ speak in the deepest voices and that women in _______ speak with the highest voices.
- USA, China
- The Netherlands, Japan
- Brazil, Vietnam
2. Breathing down into your belly helps you draw a deeper connection to your "gut instinct." The gut contains _________ neurons, and has been called a "second brain" by researchers.
- 100 million
- 1 trillion
- 10 million
3. Supervisors and managers report that the most disconcerting characteristic of workers is:
- Employees who speak with an annoying voice pattern
2. Poor writing skills
3. Inability to be concise; get to the point
4. The reason most people don't like the sound of their own voice when they hear it on recordings is:
- The voice we hear when we speak has more resonance and depth because we're hearing it through bone conduction and air conduction; on a recording, it is through air conduction only.
- We hear not only what is unfamiliar as our voice, but also what is quite familiar, and part of the disturbance is accounted for by the unsuccessful or incomplete editing of aspects of ourselves that we did not consciously intend to express.
- A lot of recording instruments make the voice sound thinner and less resonant than it really is.
5. Messages are easier to listen to and absorb when they are presented:
- in a louder voice
- with a greater range of intonation
- in a deeper voice
6. According to Presenting To Win, by Jerry Weissman, __% of company directors believe that presentation skills are more important for career success than intelligence or financial aptitude.
7. India has __ "official" languages.
8. A five year old child will play with another child who SOUNDS like them before they will play with another child who LOOKS similar to them.
3. Same percentage.
9. Up-speak most likely started in:
1. New Zealand & Australia
2. The San Fernando Valley
10. Voice exploration and singing has been seen to help with:
Want the answers? Let me know and I'll send them!