Learn How To Modify Your Accent
Improve Your Language Skills, Speak More Clearly and Improve Communication
Sound, intonation, and rhythm patterns are different in each language or dialect. If a speaker wants to learn
Standard Global English, they must first learn to hear (and see and feel) the differences between their
current speech patterns and Standard English. It is then that goals can be established and new speaking
patterns and habits taught and learned, through targeted exercises, practice, and carryover techniques.
Accent modification may also include achieving increased awareness of English grammar, and differences
in various cultural communication styles. Accent work may be combined with improving overall voice use
and enhancing communication skills for professional speech.
Our Classes Address
- Ability to distinguish between correct and incorrect American English pronunciation
- Exercises to improve speech and sound errors, intonation, and grammar
- Practice and activities that are effective and fun
- Carryover assignments that include downloadable audio and text
- Practice using your most frequently used professional vocabulary
- Oral reading of language related to your business/profession
- Practice delivering short talks
- Conversational dialogues and talking on the telephone
To find out if accent modification is right for you, take a free screening take a free screening. You will need a microphone and approximately 10 minutes to complete this screening. You will be redirected to the ComptonPeslOnline website. If you are unable to access the recorder, Contact Us and we will send you the screener.
Get free print and audio lesson for becoming a more dynamic speaker and improving vocal stress and intonation patterns.