For speakers of English as second language who wish to:
Increase confidence in both social and professional speech settings
**Prior to the class beginning, each participant will take an
Dates are 4/23, 4/25, 4/30, 5/7, 5/9, 5/14, 5/21, 5/23.
Classes will meet 8 times for 90-minute sessions (12 hours) 6:30-8:00 pm.
**Note: A class date or time may be modified if agreed upon by all members. Also, notes/audio on class will be provided for any missed class.
The next group class will start on Wednesday, May 8.
Group classes address the sounds and issues that are most important to the participants in the group. Consonant, vowel, and
- Audio and print materials, as well as personalized MP3s that address each group member's difficult sounds and words.
- Weekly feedback (between sessions) to make sure you are on the right
- An opportunity to practice new skills through engaging activities, like reading aloud, conversation, and role
- An improved sense of confidence in your speaking abilities!
Contact Us for more information
Speech and Voice Enhancement/Accent Modification for Speakers of East Asian Languages
Wednesdays Starting March 6! Contact for more information.
3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27, 4/3, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1
For speakers of Indian languages (Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarat, etc.)
I have gotten so many requests from speakers of Indian languages, that I am having a class designed especially for you.
Here are the details:
10 sessions. 75 minutes.
Maximum number of participants: 5
Location: 305 7th Ave. (between 27th and 28th Sts., in Chelsea) 20th Fl.
Price: Contact for pricing, and any other questions.
This class is designed for those who wish to:
- Increase intelligibility and decrease misunderstandings through...
- Addressing the consonant and vowel sounds most often affected by an Indian accent.
- Learning American English
stressand intonation patterns that create the "music" of American English.
- Increase mastery and confidence in speaking American English, both socially and professionally.
In addition, other speaking elements, such as voice projection, rate, and mouth/jaw movement will be addressed, as they relate to the individual speaker's patterns. We may discuss other issues as well, such as why an accent is what it is (Indian accents are unique and have a very interesting history), and why it is so hard to change a speaking habit.
Included in the program:
Print and audio materials for structured practice.
Weekly personalized recordings of your trickiest words or phrases.
Weekly feedback on your practice (sent mid-week).
Contact Us for more information or to register.